So that all visitors reach their destinations quickly and easily, the state-of-the-art Frankfurt exhibition grounds provide short, simple routes. A barrier-free access and connection network ensures that mobility-impaired visitors can move about with ease as well. The Via Mobile covered moving walkway allows you to reach every hall easily.
The Rebstock multi-storey car park offers parking facilities for many trade fairs. Elevators on all levels will take you to Level 0, where there is a shuttle bus service to the exhibition grounds. Please note that the shuttle bus is not suitable for wheelchair users. You will find specific information on the current parking situation on the website of the event in question.
People with a disabled parking pass or an “aG” type disability pass for severely impaired mobility are requested not to go to the Rebstock multi-storey car park but rather to the North Gate (Tor Nord), where our traffic attendants will provide them with a suitable parking space on the exhibition grounds.
Our information hotline can provide details about alternative parking options for visitors with restricted mobility who do not have an “aG” disability pass for severely impaired mobility. The hotline also provides information about special permits that are issued owing to specific conditions or on presentation of appropriate proof.
VISITING THE FAIR WITH AN ACCOMPANYING PERSON
If you are a disabled visitor with an accompanying person, he or she is entitled to free admission to Messe Frankfurt events. This is on condition that:
- You have purchased a ticket at the relevant admission price
- You have a B-type disability pass and/or depend on an accompanying person
This is valid for one accompanying person only and in connection with your admission ticket.
WHEELCHAIRS AND SCOOTERS
During trade fairs, you have the option of borrowing wheelchairs and scooters for a deposit of 50 euros from the clinic in the Operation & Security Center (OSC, Hall 4) and the clinic in Hall 8.0.
We recommend that you phone in advance to make a reservation:
- Hall 8.0, Tel. +49 69 75 75-65 02
SANITATION FACILITIES FOR THE DISABLED
All of the sanitation facilities for the disabled on the exhibition grounds have been equipped with European disabled toilet locks.
If you do not have a European disabled toilet key, our hall personnel will be happy to unlock the WC for you.
If you are entitled to a European disabled toilet key and would like to obtain one, there are two ways you can do so:
During larger trade fair events, you can purchase this key for €25 from Messe Frankfurt’s Business Center (Torhaus, Level 3, Tel. +49 69 7575-1391). This key is available on presentation of one of the following types of disability pass:
- aG (Exceptionally mobility impaired, wheelchair user)
- G (70% impaired mobility and upwards)
- B (Severely disabled requiring accompaniment)
- H (Severely disabled requiring assistance)
- BL (Blind people)
- 90 or 100%.
People suffering from Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis will also receive a key on presentation of a medical certificate.
2. During times when the trade fair is not taking place, you can obtain an European disabled toilet keys from the disabled organisation CBF in Darmstadt, which can dispatch them to addresses in Germany or abroad. CBF will be happy to answer your questions: Phone +49 61 51 81 220, e-mail: email@example.com
VISITING THE TRADE FAIR WITH SMALL CHILDREN
Private areas for breastfeeding or taking a relaxing break with babies or small children can also be found at the childcare area or first aid stations.
Nappy-changing facilities can be found in the following areas:
- Torhaus, Level 3, ladies’ toilets / men’s toilets
- Torhaus, Level 2, ladies’ toilets / men’s toilets (near Fontana restaurant)
- CMF, disabled toilets
- Hall 8.0, disabled toilets
- Hall 11.1 North, ladies’ toilets
INFORMATION HOTLINE FOR YOUR BARRIER FREE VISIT
Phone +49 69 75 75-69 99
Where can I find disabled toilets or a nappy-changing room on the Messe Frankfurt exhibition grounds? A site map providing an overview of the exhibition grounds can be found here:
- Site map of the exhibition grounds (PDF, 191 KB)
- Overview of our services (PDF, 386 KB)
- Barrier-free restaurants (PDF, 157 KB)